Simple Question -- TV as a monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a device/card that I can convert a standard Television into a monitor or can allow me to utilize a TV as a computer display? I was browsing around on newegg and found several items I thought might do the trick but I was unsure if they were the proper application. I have a piece of exercise equipment that plugs into a computer. It monitors/records exercise effort, calories, etc while it gives the visual display of the course you are on (DvD video). I thought it would be easier to use it on a TV vs a smaller monitor.

A lot of graphics cards have outputs suitable for a tv but the electronics within a tv are very different to those in a monitor. The picture quality is poor and blurry on a tv compared to a monitor. Watching a dvd film on a tv via the pc works well but its impractical to use a tv instead of a monitor for everyday use. Plus, i have come across several games that seem to crash when being viewed on a tv.

I agree with rik. I've used the s-video connector to the TV, and the text looked very bad, blurry, and the screen flickered a lot (it was set @ 60HZ).

Then I plug the PC to the CRT, and it was damn sharp :)

You could always do as i have done, ive got a tv card in my pc!!!!!
I have a 19inch monitor that cost me nothing so i can watch tv and answer emails or be on techspot at the same time on the one screen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back