Simple taser questions, caps, amps, volts etc?

By Ph30nIX
May 23, 2005
  1. hey guys, i wasnt sure where to ask this, but here it is:

Basically i read on the internet that you can take a camera flash and its pretty much a "stun-gun".

i made it, and sure as hell it HURTS.

I just need to know a few things about it

1. How many amps is a AA (1.5v) battery?
    2. Does a voltage multiplyer increase the amps?
    3. What does the uF rating on a capacitator mean.

The "cap" on this circuit is 330v 120uF. i believe that this is somehow related to how long it can store a charge for :S.

4. Would adding more caps increase the power, or would it need another battery to full charge them?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You should really look up some basic things from a book before sticking electrodes into people. You don't want to go to jail for manslaughter, do you? Suicide is your own business of course.

1. This is a pointless question. Any voltage source can deliver from 0 to x amps depending on the resistance of the load. X depends on the construction of the voltage source and is again an absolutely pointless number since shorting something is a very extreme condition and has nothing to do with reality. I suppose you get something in the order of 10 amps out of an AA battery if you short it.
    2. See answer 1
    3. It is microfarads. Faras is the unit used for measuring capacitance.
    4. This all depends on the capacitance you have already and the kind of power source you have.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.