Size of quick-reply textarea

Would you like and enhanced quick reply area ?

• Yes, I use it a lot and it would be great

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No, I never use it and having more unuseful stuff would be bad

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • i really don't care. Another useless poll ...

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

DigitAlex

Hey guys

Don't know about you, but I mostly use the quick reply textarea field to post replies to threads instead of clicking on reply everytime

would it be possible to enlarge the size of that box ? let's say at least make it a little bit wider and maybe some rows longer too.

oh and well for the VB tags it's ok we know them, but maybe get some smileys on the side or at least a little link to the smileys pop-up window would be really cool

what do you think about that ?

what's the point of your post man, just pissing people off as usually ??

a little but more real words maybe ? (without dots and slashes please :) )

Well, I'm using the quick reply now. I've only used the standard reply screen when 1. Editing, and 2. Posting this thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5823 (shameless plug)

I think it'd be great to see at least a few of the controls implemented in the quick reply box, but at the same time I like the simplicity of this box... perhaps not have all of the controls?? I dunno.. but enhanced would be great.

this is for you alex,before i go

enlarge/wider/longer......that's what she said........get it...... you pissed off brussels sprout...... from belgium

very funny, thanx a lot for your sense of humour

weren't you leaving ?

oh and about my spelling .... the whole world is not english speaking, try to go out a little bit maybe ...

i will not begin with the "how many languages do you speak" arguments but well hmm hmm

You left out the option "I like it just the way it is"...

I don't want/need any more controls or anything...
I (usually) handcode instead of using buttons, as then I won't have to take my hands of the keyboard, so I don't really have any need for anything more complex than what we've allready got...

As far as making it bigger, what's the point?

Part of what is nice with it, is that it's so small... That way it don't take up too much space, but still let you format your post (within certain limits)...

If it'd been more like the quick reply box from Rage3d, I'd agree, as that box only has room for one sentencce, and if you hit "enter" it'll post... But as it is...

Oh, well, as long as it won't take up too much space I don't really care...

I use the box about 90% of the time when writing replies without pictures included as the 'preview post' feature is very handy for checking things come out right.

I don't really think any tags are necessary, we all just remember the code don't we? Although a few tags couldn't hurt.

As for making the box larger, I have to be honest; I don't really care so long as it doesn't affect the rest of the page. If it were to stay the same size, some tags would happily fit in between the text box and the far right side of the page, at least at my resolution :) .

But yes, adding a few new features to the reply box would be nice and surely make a few of peoples' lives easier which is why I have no objections, either way.

well the vertical space is already taken so adding some small controls on the left and extending the box to the right (widen) would not take more space on the page anyway

The quick reply box will get a good upgrade once we move to vB 3.0 (could be in a few months though), that will add more controls but size-wise, I would say it's quite alright for a "quick reply box", if you know what I mean... I use it a lot too and I think it's ok the way it is, otherwise wouldn't make much sense to use this or the actual reply page.

In that case, is it possible to make the proper, full page reply box bigger? That would be nicer for making a long, detailed reply with some UBB code in it.

Back