SLI being weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

syde

I have a Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1

starting last night when I would enter into a video game on the left side of my screen from top to bottom (about half inch wide) was a line on my screen. I was fluxuationg almost as if it was reading the RAM (you know like the process manager screen where you see the green go up and down by how much ram is being used) and on the top of the line to the right it said "SLi"

any idea what I did, did I by chance turn some sort of monitoring device on?

I turned Sli off and it went away. ideas?

thanks

is there a reload option just a like "update drivers" tab or are you talking unistalling the drives then re installing them from the beginning?

The backlight/ inverter commonly goes out in that model, and must be replaced.... cheap to do if you can do it yourself. Expensive, otherwise.
Remove the keyboard, then remove and reseat all the cables, particularly the wide ribbon cable. It is very brittle so take care. Many times the ribbon cable starts to pull loose on one side... and bad things happen.

forgot to almost say thanks for the responses :) I turned off my SLi for a bit and then turned it back on and it went away. Not sure how or why but works for me hehe

Good luck. The problem may return. Those devices are affected by heat and radio waves and other stuff... once they start to go, you may have a number of intermittent and strange colors and parts of your screen less readable.
Please keep us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back