TechSpot

SLI Supports Dual Screens

By MetalX
Nov 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who else is really happy about SLI finally supporting multiple monitors? At least in 2D mode anyway...

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

ehh, im not crazy about it, but its a good thing. Can you run 4 monitors now? I'm buying 2 4870x2's soon so not extremely concerned about it at this moment.

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

^Did you really go out and buy a core i7 setup? have fun spending $500 for DDR3 memory lol.

Wait, 2D only? What the hell is the point of that?

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Yes, ordered from newegg. Lastes pc is a year and a half old. I have no issues upgrading.

Yes I had fun with my 700 dollar memory, just like I did when I paid 800 for my supertalent when it first came out summer of last year.

5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,909

I don't actually know if it's 2D only. I'll have to try dual screen mode in Supcom.

I think it works in 3D mode too, but the only thing is, you can only plug monitors into the master video card, not the secondary one. So two screens only :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.