Slow internet, could this be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very very slow internet, I do not know what the type of the connection is as I am a student at a university. But, what I do know is my download speed sometimes is at 3 kb/sec which I know is extremely slow. The only thing that I can find for the reason is I am receiving a whole lot more packets than I am receiving. Could this be the problem to my slow interent? if so, could someone let me know how to fix it?

Thanks. :confused:

la8kers34 said:
I am receiving a whole lot more packets than I am receiving.

Ummmmm..... :confused:

;) Just being evil. I assume you mean that it is sending more than receiving? If so, then yes that is strange and may be an indicator that you have some nasty spyware in your system.

Start with a good virus scan just to rule that out. What software are you using for anti-virus?

Then download and install some spyware software like ad-aware for example.

But if you REALLY want to clean you system out, and have the patience to follow some instructions in detail, go to HERE.

oh oops..well last night when I posted this it was receiveing more than sending..and now i just checked it again and its sending more than receiveing so ill do what you said and see what happens..thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back