Slow Toshiba Satellite x205-s9349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerial Blaze

Hi

I recently bought a new Toshiba Satellite x205-s9349 with the following specifications:

-Intel Duo Core T7100 At 1.8GHz
-Vista Home Premium
-Nvidia 8700m GT with 256mb Dedicated
-4Gbs of ram
-2x120gb Harddrives

Here is the problem:

When i bought the computer it was all gravy, everything was good, i could run the following games:

-Assassin's Creed (Max Details)
-Gears of War
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
-Crysis (Medium Details)
-Unreal Tournament 3 (Max Details)

but then i realised the laptop monitor had a dead pixel so i returned the laptop to the people i bought it from immediately and they replaced it and offered to switch my hard drive around.

So i waited and this new one came, but unfortunately it seems to be slower by quite a bit in terms of game performance compared to the other one i had. I even read tweaking guides on this forum and did some of those to increase performance but it didn't work. I also updated my graphics driver but i don't think it installed properly. I defraged the harddrive and also used Crap Cleaner but still nothing, i have also disabled UAC and transparency of vista glass and scanned my computer for viruses and spyware etc but nothing.

Games like Assassin's Creed lags lots even when the detail is turned down but before it would be fine on high, Crysis is a NIGHTMARE, Call of Duty runs alrightish but not ideal and Gears of War is laggy.

Also, the start menu is VERY slow, i have to wait 2 secs when i click on a folder in the start menu before it expands and my CPU usage goes really high when that happens. The CPU seems to be working very hard even when the computer is idle.

Here are photos of the Processes running, Cpu performance, Laptop Specs and Graphics adapter's specs:

Can someone please help me increase the performance of this laptop?

Thanks in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back