Slow windows after repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

bielius

yes tittle says all. i repaired win xp pro 32 - bit because i had some problems, now the RAM checking in POST takes ages, and Welcome screen takes longer, and programs delay about 2 seconds, Windows is shutting down takes about 10 mins. i don't know what to do. mayby its a virus or something?

Please tell me what security programs you have and if you have updated and done scans with them. If you have, can you tell me what was found, if anything?

I have nothing to work on with the information you have given, so I am going to ask you to run only a HijackThis scan, then attach the log. I will then have some idea of what is starting on boot and may see enough to help you resolve the program and/or have you run additional programs:

HijackThis:
HighjackThis Instructions:
* Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT. Download HERE
* Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
* After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
* After the scan is complete please attach the entire log here.

Well, i did a windows repair, i got Avira, but windows don't find it. and it's all new windows, i mean just needed progs and drivers.
Oh, if you have any advice in changing drive letters from D to C, and from E to D , i appreciate it!

OK, that is one weird looking HijackThis log! It either isn't complete or the repair was a failure! The log should be around 10-12KB and yours is only 2.4KB.

We need to find out what you have on the system.

Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from HERE and save it to your Desktop.

* Double click on RSIT.exe to run.
* Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
* Once it has finished, two logs will open.
* log.txt <will be maximized and info.txt <will be minimized
* Please post the contents of both logs in the next reply.

Well, the hijackthis was stucked about for 2 mins at O4 startup or something.
i will post logs after school :)

Logs attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back