TechSpot

Slow windows after repair

By bielius
Mar 14, 2009
  1. yes tittle says all. i repaired win xp pro 32 - bit because i had some problems, now the RAM checking in POST takes ages, and Welcome screen takes longer, and programs delay about 2 seconds, Windows is shutting down takes about 10 mins. i don't know what to do. mayby its a virus or something?

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Please tell me what security programs you have and if you have updated and done scans with them. If you have, can you tell me what was found, if anything?

I have nothing to work on with the information you have given, so I am going to ask you to run only a HijackThis scan, then attach the log. I will then have some idea of what is starting on boot and may see enough to help you resolve the program and/or have you run additional programs:

HijackThis:

3. bielius

bielius TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 211   +14

Well, i did a windows repair, i got Avira, but windows don't find it. and it's all new windows, i mean just needed progs and drivers.
    Oh, if you have any advice in changing drive letters from D to C, and from E to D , i appreciate it!

4. Bobbye

OK, that is one weird looking HijackThis log! It either isn't complete or the repair was a failure! The log should be around 10-12KB and yours is only 2.4KB.

We need to find out what you have on the system.

Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from HERE and save it to your Desktop.

5. bielius

bielius TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 211   +14

Well, the hijackthis was stucked about for 2 mins at O4 startup or something.
    i will post logs after school :)

Logs attached.

6. Bobbye

Have you updated and rerun HijackThis?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.