sluggish laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

ok so my laptop i use for uni has been running VERY sluggish lately (about a week) - ie: takes a while to respond to click, quite often both firefox and IE8 (previously IE7 til today) will go to "not responding" sometimes it will come good in a min or so - sometimes not (also have google chrome but dont use it as much)

have already tried easy bits like removing temp int files, large old documents, caches emptied, cookies gone, unused desktop and documents tidied etc

also dont know if its related - but windows live msnger sometimes doesnt send all the msgs then takes a good 1/2 hr before it decides to tell me they couldnt send (sometimes not at all) and quite often it doesnt tell me i have emails (and no toast alert) or it says i have more than i do - either way - very very frustrating

so my brother told me to do a HJT scan and post the log on a site such as this - he did first tell me which ones (R1 and R2s and a few O4s) that he knew about but said to get it double checked - he also said to mention any programs or what not that are vital to my job/study that i cant afford to loose (i think moreso so that someone doesnt try to convince me to uninstall it accidently?)

ok - programs/settings that are vital to me that would be catastophic if the corrupted or i somehow lost -
Cisco Systems VPN is my secure connection
Epson Printer
Canon Laser Printer
3 Mobile Broadband

Log is as follows after "fix checked" the ones we knew to theres ALOT lol

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:56:08 AM, on 7/02/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

Moderator Edit:
Pasted logs removed, you must attach the logs to your post

Also you must follow this guide in full:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back