SMART Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
While doing a routine check on my computer, I did the following SMART report which was generated by Speedfan, and i am not sure about the results and what needs to be done..
Attribute Current Raw Overall
Raw Read Error Rate 100 0 Very good
Throughput Performance 102 6052 Very good
Spin Up Time 129 15 0 1 Good
Start/Stop Count 98 4474 Very good
Reallocated Sector Count 74 0 Watch
Warning: Reallocated Sector Count is below the average limits (100-100).
Seek Error Rate 100 0 Very good
Seek Time Performance 134 30 Very good
Power On Hours Count 80 9146 Good
Spin Retry Count 100 0 Very good
Power Cycle Count 98 4468 Normal
GSense Error Rate 100 1 Very good
Power Off Retract Count 98 558 Normal
Load Cycle Count 78 227369 Good
Reallocated Event Count 85 501 Watch
Warning: Reallocated Event Count is below the average limits (100-100).
Current Pending Sector 96 275 Watch
Warning: Current Pending Sector is below the average limits (100-100).
Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 0 Very good
Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate 200 4 Very good

NOTE : your hard disk has 275 pending sectors (this value is very large and your hard disk should be replaced). Those are sectors that couldn't be properly read and that the hard disk logic is waiting for a write operation to try to remap to a spare sector (if available). According to the Reallocated Sector Count attribute, your hard disk seems to have available spare sectors. A simple disk surface scan won't be enough to force the remap operation. You need a read/write surface scan to remap the sector. The best option should be a tool that knows about what should be read from that sector so that it has some option to apply the best fix to the missing data.
The overall fitness for this drive is 42%.
The overall performance for this drive is 95%.

not sure if what i need is to do a read/write scan ( i have DiskPatck with a R/W option, but not sure if thats what i need) or those errors cannot be fixed and its time to get a new pc.
I also attached another SMART report (SMARTUDM.txt)
any help would be greatly appreciated
Tony

Thanks for replying.
I did run a full scan and everytime the result would be "chkdsk found errors and fixed them", but still when i go and run the smart report, I get the same reuslts.

The best cure for that problem is to reformat the hard drive unfortunately. If its the drive that has windows on it then that will need to be re-installed as you will loose ALL data on the disk.
If doing that still doesn't fix it, then you may well soon need a new hard drive.

Your hard drive has some bad sectors that have been remapped. If it is an old drive (couple of years or more), then this is perfectly normal.
chkdsk has absolutely nothing to do with this. Nor will a format do anything useful.

You should run this test again once in a while and see if the reallocated sector count increases. If you are getting new bad sectors every week, then the drive is on its way out.

Multiplying bad sectors will not wipe out the entire contents of the hard drive, at worst you will end up with some corrupt files - so there is no need to panic.

want to take a gamble get hard drive regenerator software
it has fixed a few of my troublesome scsi's
it can't fix all the pickup heads go bad to

I ran SpeedFan and got similar results...

I ran SpeedFan and got similar results.

Error: Reallocated Sector Count has reached its threshold. Current value is 42 and threshold is 140.
According to S.M.A.R.T. specifications, your hard disk is failing and needs to be immediately replaced. Backup your data as soon as possible.

Warning: Reallocated Sector Count reached, in the past, its threshold. Worst value is 42 and threshold is 140.
Your hard disk is now being compared to real data used to define normal values for your specific hard disk model. This way, the analysis can automatically use proper operating ranges. The images give you an idea of how each attribute is within such range. Current and raw values are shown for easier reference for experienced users. There are 1286 hard disk models in the current archive.

0 Reallocated Sector Count 42 2520 Watch
Warning: Reallocated Sector Count is below the average limits (198-200).

0 Reallocated Event Count 1 788 Watch
Warning: Reallocated Event Count is below the average limits (195-200).

0 Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 193 229 Watch
Warning: Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count is below the average limits (200-200).

0 Write Error Rate 191 245 Watch
Warning: Write Error Rate is below the average limits (200-200).

I ran chkdsk on this drive (D: ) a 200GB WesternDigital HDD (partition1 127GB) It returned zero errors. The drive has 2 partitions so I ran it on the second partition (58.3GB) and received zero errors.
Attempted a reformat and that did not help. the drive is running fine and at a temp. of 30 deg. C. Is there anything that could be misread by the software?

PS it says my primary HDD A Samsung 80GB is running at 255 DEG C... I know that is wrong, LOL.

Thank you, I don't understand all of it, but helpful none-the-less. My drive is over 2 years old and I think it will hold out for a while, but we shall see...

uuummm yeah

The drive it said was fine died and the one it says is bad is running fine still... I cannot install SP2 on it however or my computer will lock up spent 2 weeks on that problem to no avail and I tried every help thread on the net. C'est la vie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back