TechSpot

Smoke lags my mouse and creates abnormaly bad FPS in CSS

By hellokitty[hk]
Jan 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever i play CSS, smoke from smoke grenades or he grenades seem to lag my mouse a lot (almost a second while in the middle of a single smoke), and lower my FPS to about half in the middle of a smoke. When an HE explodes on screen, my mouse lags, my FPS goes to about 80 - 90, while my game DOES NOT LAG (guns shoot at a consistant rate, sound is normal, visually seems normal as i can't move my mouse fast enough to notice the fps drop).

I don't think this has ever happened before and seems like a recent issue.

When i played at max settings a while ago, 16 x AA, 1920 x 1200, and all advanced settings set to highest, i only noticed slightly problematic FPS, never mouse lag or FPS going to half (50 - 60 fps)

Now, i use all default graphical settings form Kaizens config attached as a txt, and yes mouse filter is disabled. Usually, i get about 120fps before i execute my config, and get a consistent 100 fps because of the cap in my config.

I did at one point use custom skins which did NOT lag whatsoever, and have since removed the skins and reinstalled.

Core 2 duo E4600 @ 2.4ghz
    9600gt (underclocked while i play css at 490/1225/675 (1350) core/shader/mem, overclocking marginally improves FPS, but not mouse lag)
    2 gigs DDR2 800
    24" monitor, 2ms and 60 hz
    Windows XP SP2

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.