Smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant believe i forgot to unplug my comp while adding ram.....i touched something in the process and the little panasonic flat battery begain to smoke as the fans started to spin ...i quickly unplugged but subsequently when i plugged in and turned on got just 3 beeps and fans then i tried again and got same three beeps and nothing...is my cpu fried?...:(

10four said:
i cant believe i forgot to unplug my comp while adding ram.....i touched something in the process and the little panasonic flat battery begain to smoke as the fans started to spin ...i quickly unplugged but subsequently when i plugged in and turned on got just 3 beeps and fans then i tried again and got same three beeps and nothing...is my cpu fried?...:(
In your mobo manual, check what "3 beeps" means. Also, make sure you check for the right kind of beeps - long, short, repeating, etc?

thx ..i checked the book and it says...memory detection test: will hang if memory module is damaged ....is that serious enough to mean the motherboard is a goner

i doubt it, probably just the ram's busted, but we'd better wait and see what tedster and the boys think of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back