TechSpot

Snapdragon 810 presents no issue for the G Flex 2, says LG

By Scorpus
Jan 23, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. A report from Bloomberg a few days ago revealed that Samsung has allegedly decided to ditch Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810 processor for the Galaxy S6 due to overheating issues while testing it. According to their information, the Galaxy S6 will instead...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

Looks like it's gonna take a few melted or burned out phones before LG begins to understand the issue.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

Phones are so big nowadays I'm sure manufacturers wouldn't have a problem hiding a full custom water cooling loop in them somewhere. :D

Bob24135 likes this.
  4. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

It's just a way to tell Qualcomm that Samsung intends to use their own chips. I can't blame them, when profits are tanking, and they have a decent chip as well. Makes sense to use your own manufactured parts.

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,508   +501

Yes... because they don't test them out first to see the probably fatal outcomes

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

They've already solved the issue...
    This means that when the internal temp hits a certain limit the chip is slowed down so it doesn't over heat. the problem is when it happens during normal use and not just if you're playing a game after leaving your phone in the hot sun for a while. Sounds like LG is doing it under normal use, which means that speedy new processor isn't all that speedy.
    Anandtech usually proves this by showing phones can perform better on benchmarks if they put them in the freezer.

7. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Evangelist Posts: 334   +101

All my LG phones have committed suicide by cpu melt down.. so this does not surprise me.

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,508   +501

My LG G2 has been working flawlessly for the last year and a couple months, so this does surprise me.

9. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429