TechSpot

Snapdragon roadmap unveiled, 2.5GHz mobile CPUs in 2012

By Shawn Knight
Sep 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Qualcomm has released a roadmap for their popular Snapdragon mobile processor line during their Innovation Qualcomm event in Istanbul. Expect to see multiple Snapdragon processors in the near future with…

Read the whole story

2. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 167

Groovy. I'd love to see what an S4 could do for my DAW... especially if I could take it to a gig.

3. but will it play crisis?

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Yes, it probably will.

5. the dual core 2.5ghz one should be able to

6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I guess that means that when i buy a new phone next year it will be obsolete in 3 months instead of 6-9 months now.

As a consumer I'm a little excited, though that being said, its one thing to have that much processing power its another thing to be able to actually use it to its full potential. Storage capacity seems to be the only thing that is not increasing, that sucks :( Though i think that is because we are all being gently pushed into the "cloud"

7. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

At the rate that mobile processors are progressing, we may no longer need to ask the " But will it play Crysis ?" question because by the time the quad-cores come out, Crytek will probably already have Crysis 3 for Android :).

8. I agree, Storage is more important. I would love 128gb storage for all of my music and videos.