So-called expert switches to Mac

By Julio Franco
Feb 9, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a decent respect for those who like Macs better than Windows-based PCs. I also have more than a decent respect for Apple's efforts on Mac OS X, which I believe is a great OS despite the lack of openness and proprietary business model.

HOWEVER, when a so-called expert talks about SIMMs in today's PC hardware, I start to question myself, what the hell is with these people telling everybody to switch, come on!

"A Windows expert (???) opts for a Mac life"
    http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9005712
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

When people are talking about SIMMs, I picture this:

[​IMG]
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,285   +281

Yea, but if you read Part 1, you would have seen the author's intent of a far
    trial of the Mac product. He had a poor experience with reboots and reported
    his findings -- a bad simm.

As if Windows doesn't auto reboot or fail with RAM issues?

With all the PC bias here, I would think we would just outright ban all Mac topics --
    At least it would stop the flame wars and be an honest statement of intent --
    to discuss and assiste PC users.

I've stated previously that I operate Win/XP, Linux, and Mac OS X 10.3.9
    and find all of them have pros/cons.

My signature below is particularly applicable to this subject ----
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

I think Julio was referring to him meaning SO-DIMM not SIMM:
    [​IMG]
    /hi-fives mict
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.