So.. Why does my computer roar?

harari

I know it may sound odd..
But once in awhile my I hear a roaring sound out of my headphones.
I tried opening the volume mixer and trying to see where it comes from but just when I tried it wouldn't make the sound.
It's driving me mad , my friends start to think I hear voices in my head,,,
BTW I wasn't quiet sure about the forum to post that in since I don't know where is the source of the problem at all.
I'll be glad if you could help.

Laptop or desktop computer? If it is a desktop, it could be caused by the power supply, hard drive or motherboard...

Laptop or desktop computer? If it is a desktop, it could be caused by the power supply, hard drive or motherboard...
Desktop, how is it caused and how can I fix it?
It's a new computer I have it for 2 months.
motherboard: MSI h97 gaming
Power supply : something but new xD
hard drive : 1 years old Western Digital

And I have to mention it's a sound coming out of the audio system not the case itself if that what you though of :)

If the computer is that new take it in and have it checked... What is the audio system, something attached or internal to the computer?

If the computer is that new take it in and have it checked... What is the audio system, something attached or internal to the computer?
What I meant was that it doesn't come from the case itself, but from my earphones, speakers and so on.

Mechanical devices like hard drives and fans can inject noise into sound amplifiers and thus into headphones, but because this computer is so new, I believe that it is a sound (audio) driver that is causing this... Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Mechanical devices like hard drives and fans can inject noise into sound amplifiers and thus into headphones, but because this computer is so new, I believe that it is a sound (audio) driver that is causing this... Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?
Um no but maybe I'm not looking at the right place
I opened the manager where should I see it?

The Device Manager is in the Control Panel. You will see any yellow (!) in the Device Managers list when you open the Device Manager

Remove the sound driver and re-install it. Right-click on the sound driver in the device manager. This is the same place I told you to look for any yellow (!)

Back