Socket 775 motherboard recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbssat

I need some good recommendations for a socket 775 mobo with integrated graphics for budget builds. I would like to keep the price at $60 or under. I have recently built a lot of systems using MSI and the Via chipset and they seem to be pretty reliable and stable but I am always looking at other manufacturers. My distributor recommended an Asus P5GC-MX as a good mobo, but I have heard that Asus has had its share of problems lately. I would like you guys to chime in on this thread as most of my customers are looking for basic features, price and reliability.

I can tell you what NOT to use...

P5VD2-VM. Had 3 fail in a row.

Reminds me of the disastrous P4s800-MX.
Every build failed within 3 months {9 in total}

I assume this was an Asus board also by looking at the model number. That is the pits. Another person suggested that lower priced Asus boards be avoided like the plague. What did you use for a power supply and ram? Furthermore, I will definitely avoid this board. Thanks for the warning.

As they were budget builds, I used this case
CASE MASTER MESH 908 430W BK/SILVER

And as for RAM, whatever was on special at the time! Though I did try and use DDR800 where possible. 2x 1024Mb.

With an e4400, or even a 2180, it's a pretty quick machine for the $.

The last few, I've been using a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L {doesn't have VGA though!} and have been impressed. I even used one in my Media PC {it has Optical Out!}.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back