Software backup

By 1bellb
Apr 21, 2008
  1. Hi, Well at the moment I have a Vista 32bit, but I am wanting Vista 64bit on my computer and I need a program that can back-up ALL my programs so that I can transfer them onto my new hard drive that contains the 64bit system.
    The reason I want this is because i have almost 200 program and most only have one activation so I will lose all the programs if this isnt possible.
    now I know I read about a program that does this but i have forgotten the name.
    Someone please help me in finding this program that backs-up all of the programs with it already activated.
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,261   +92

Somehow I doubt it's possible, but I don't know for sure. Why not just view your license key for each program and write them down then reinstall them? Might be a pain, but if you want them bad enough...
  3. 1bellb

1bellb TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 86

I have tried that once before and it doesnt work for some of the programs because once you have used the code once ti cannot be used again
    but i do know you can do it because iv seen the program, I just cannot remember what it is called.
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

5. glitzygirl

glitzygirl TS Rookie

Have you tried Acronis true image for worksations?
  6. old101

old101 TS Rookie Posts: 52

Paragon Disk Image and Macrium Reflect will also do the job. In addition to Program Files I would also backup Documents and Settings.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.