TechSpot

Software backup

By 1bellb
Apr 21, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, Well at the moment I have a Vista 32bit, but I am wanting Vista 64bit on my computer and I need a program that can back-up ALL my programs so that I can transfer them onto my new hard drive that contains the 64bit system.
    The reason I want this is because i have almost 200 program and most only have one activation so I will lose all the programs if this isnt possible.
    now I know I read about a program that does this but i have forgotten the name.
    Someone please help me in finding this program that backs-up all of the programs with it already activated.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,066   +84 Staff Member

Somehow I doubt it's possible, but I don't know for sure. Why not just view your license key for each program and write them down then reinstall them? Might be a pain, but if you want them bad enough...

3. 1bellb

1bellb TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 107

I have tried that once before and it doesnt work for some of the programs because once you have used the code once ti cannot be used again
    but i do know you can do it because iv seen the program, I just cannot remember what it is called.

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

5. glitzygirl

glitzygirl TS Rookie

Have you tried Acronis true image for worksations?

6. old101

old101 TS Rookie Posts: 52

Paragon Disk Image and Macrium Reflect will also do the job. In addition to Program Files I would also backup Documents and Settings.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.