Software to retrieve keycode

strategic

I'm looking for a program which will retrieve keycodes from installed software for re-installing purposes.
I remember finding a program like this a few years back, but have a hard time locating it.
All help appreciated :)

Thanks guys :)
@LookinAround, Magical Jelly Bean won't work, but "Recover Keys" on the link you provided may. The installation key I'm trying to locate is for Game Maker PRO. It's installed and running, but won't be able to update if I don't have the installation key. I provided the software developers with all the proof that I legitimately own the software, but they don't seem to understand what customer support is.

@Benny26, I'm currently trying SIW on the laptop I'm using currently, and don't see any installation keys for any programs I have installed on thsi PC. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again guys for the prompt replies :)

@strategic
I've only used magic jelly bean to recover some old Microsoft keys. (i just meant to google a site for magic jelly bean.. not to encourage or endorse the other tool you have to buy. never used the other one).

@benny
Thanks for the SIW tip. It did find my MS keys for MS XP, Win 7 and Office keys :) though just one of my non-MS products (my Adobe Professional).

/ edit /
Oh. for SIW, I found them under Software->Licenses. i didn't see a "secrets" in the SIW version i just downloaded

Thank you once again LookinAround :)
Now that you specified the Software>Licenses tab, I found the same.
As soon as I try it on my other PC, I'll let you know if it finds the GameMaker PRO key.
Have a great weekend :)

LookinAround said:
Oh. for SIW, I found them under Software->Licenses. i didn't see a "secrets" in the SIW version i just downloaded

Oh, sorry for that guys, I'm using an older version of SIW that has "Secrets" in place of the Software->Licenses tab.

Try Belarc Advisor; besides tracking the currancy of your updates,
it has a profile of all installed software +keys

HOWEVER, the MS software keys are reported fully while 3rd party stuff is not.

Try it - - it's a free download

Ha! Thanks Jobeard.
It's kind of funny that you mention that one.
After running SIW, it displayed the keycode for Belarc.
It's installed on my computer and didn't even remember it, nor remember what it was for.
Thanks, I'll try that one to, hopefully within a few hours.
I'll reply with my results :)

Well, neither SIW or Belarc worked.
I did see licenses for the programs installed except for GameMaker.
However, throughout the process, I recalled that the key code was emailed to me (program was an online purchase). Even though I had the program for a few years, I still had the email in the archive folder (we can give gmail some bonus points for that).
Thanks for your help guys, and I will look to see what other programs out there may detect the keycode for future reference.

Back