TechSpot

Soldier Of Fortune 2

By Shuttledriver
Aug 19, 2002
  1. :( :( :(

Can anybody help me im having problems with sof2, i keep reading about the "console" and how to bring it down in game by pressing [shift] + [~] together but it doesnt seem to work, i am totaly stuck in the game and on this.

could somebody please answer this in simple terms cause im a novice

oh another thing if u download a "trainer" where do you put the .exe file for the trainer?

thanks in advance to all who may reply

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Check out this site -> PlanetSOF

Maybe you're having problems because you've assigned a function to the ~ key...

3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Seems you're trying to cheat...

Try only pressing [~], not shift. You're probably going to have to enable the console somewhere in your graphics options.

For a trainer, you can put the .exe anywhere, and just run it before you run the game. When you're in the game, alt + tab out of it, enable what you want in the trainer, and go back to your game.

p.s. -> Shouldn't this be moved to "Gaming and Consoles"?

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,608   +295

I found that for me its ctrl+shift+`(key under esc). Not ~. Try that.

5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Arris...aren't ` and ~ the same button? :haha:

If I press ctrl+shift+`/~ then I get ~ :p

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,608   +295

Depends on your keyboard setup...
    On my Inspiron 8200 keyboard the ~/# key is beside carriage return and `, ¬, ¦ key is under Esc. Laptop keyboards do have a slightly different layout. I'll check on my home desktop when I get home (if I remember).

7. Elros

Elros TS Rookie Posts: 31

Yeah, my keyboard is the same as Arris. And mine is a desktop. (in fact my work PC is the same too..) must be UK keyboards are set like this, and maybe US ones are different.

8. Nazobyte

Nazobyte TS Rookie Posts: 20

Im in UK: ~/# on same key ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.