[Solved] 2 Beeps On Startup

DaFroginator101

Hi. I was playing Portal 2 earlier and the PC rebooted without warning. This was the first time this happened so I ignored it. Then it happened again while surfing the web. I googled for help and someone suggested updating the BIOS. I checked for an update and proceeded to update. While updating, the PC restarted…and I was greeted with 2 short beeps. I checked beep codes and it looks like parity circuit failure or something. I reseated the 1 stick of RAM in another slot but it still beeped. Reseated the GPU, still beeped. Used onboard graphics, still beeped. Removed RAM and booted PC and got a repeat of a long, continuous beep. I also tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and using the jumpers to no avail. I'm completely stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Here are some specs:

HDD: Toshiba 500GB
GPU: Evga GTX 650 1GB
CPU: AMD A6-6400K Richland Dual- Core 3.9 GHz Socket FM2 65W
Mobo: ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+
RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 x1
PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600WW

Edit: I've been using the PC for about a year now without problems so I don't know what caused it. Well I've had this 5 beep error from before but it's nothing major. Boots fine after restarting.

I googled for help and someone suggested updating the BIOS. I checked for an update and proceeded to update.
hmm, BIOS update should have been your LAST choice for BSOD on a previously stable system.

Go the vender site and REGRESS the bios.

hmm, BIOS update should have been your LAST choice for BSOD on a previously stable system.

Go the vender site and REGRESS the bios.
It didn't BSOD. It just randomly restarted. I guess it's PSU dying. And the beeps...fried mobo lol. Time for an upgrade anyway. Thanks.

Back