Some, but not all games crashing to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUMIinSA

First of all my PC Specs are on my profile. I don't need to post the here again right?

Anyway. With that PC Toca Race Driver 2, Robin Hood - Defender of the Crown and an ancient game called Catan - The first island crash to desktop when doing certain things in the games. I just get that standard error message that says that the application had to close.

I can understand having problems with Catan seeing as it's like a P2 or P1 game, but the others are both 2004.

I will use Toca to explain. During the first race, when I crash I get the desktop crash. Then when after that race and after being given an ingame lecture, the game is supposed to go to a Menu but instead it crashes. Also if I try to reload a profile which experienced a desktop crash then the game also crashes.

I guess I will also tell you about Robin Hood - DotC, everything works ins that game until I decide I am going to raid someone's castle, then I get the desktop crash.

Any help will be appreciated.

Well, I will ask the obvious questions first....

Do you have all the newest drivers for:

1. Video card
2. Motherboard chipset
3. Bios

Also, try looking in your "event viewer" (right click on my computer, go to manage, then event viewer) and seeing what kind of errors it is reporting. Maybe that will give you some hints as to what the problem is.

All drivers fully updated and as I said I can play other games fine like NFS-UG2.

I looked at the event viewer and I don't understand what the errors mean. The basically say that the game exe failed because of some sort of fault address which is something like 0x872893749 (example). Should I post the error messages here?

Damnit!

Does anyone know the driver i can install. it saposed to be download with the game but yea i need a driver... my game will pop up for 3 seconds then do a quick black screen and go back to desktop please help

a visual driver oh man i forget what its called umm but yeah its the reason my screen will go black right after trying to boot up the game

Its called the Graphics Card Driver. Do you have an ATI, or Nvidia graphics card? If you don't know, go to Techspots download page and get system spec (search it)

Tell us what it says and we'll tell you.

Tell us in your own thread - please don't hijack someone else's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back