Some sites not loading with use of mobile hot spot for tablet

First use of Straight Talk's mobile hot spot allowed me to surf the internet from my
NextBookUSA 7 inch quad core 16 GB 4.4.2 kitkat with no problems.
When the data got below 100 mb, I saw that Yahoo email and gmail failed to load.
A few others sites, like yahoo finance didn't load either.

I reset my tablet to factory settings, added more data,and still have the same problems.

The tablet is able to access these sites with no problems using WIFI.

Is this a mifi device issue, tablet issue, or website issue?
Why did I not have these problems before?

Hard Reboot the device.
Then first try from home and again elsewhere with the hotspot

Jobeard - thnx for your sggestion. I already did a full reset for the tablet - that, I understand is more severe than a cold reboot. Are you referring to the mobile hot spot device? If so that will need to be done by the mifi product tech rep. I think they msy have done some sort of reset. zzI will check eith them tomorrow. Please let me know which device you were referring to - the tablet or the mifi device. Isn't it odd though that only a few sites don't load
, mostly yahoo related and gmail.

Hard Reboot the device.
Then first try from home and again elsewhere with the hotspot
update as of 11/2/16 ... The mifi tech support helped me reset the mifi and after I did so was able to access yahoo email, gmail, and yhe google playstore. I then visited snother website, a nontoxic site, and again was unable to fisplay those three previously inaccessible sites.
The tech had me try the mifi connection on my cell phone which can use opera mini and a wifi connection. Google play loaded off the mifi with no problem.
I reset the mifi again and yahoo email loaded again.
So, it sppears that the issue may be tablet/android related. The tech rep suggested I uninstall recent updates.
In my settings, if I select uninstall updates from the google playstore, I am told that google eill reset all the apps yo factoty settings. This seems extreme. Eouldn't it be better yo do one spp at a yime and see if the problem goes away?
I should mention that when I did set up google playstore, the auto update feature was selected. Later I opened my tablet connecting to mifi not realizing that all the app updates were downloading eating up alot of data. I stopped one app's updating, may have backed out too abruptly. I wonder if that movr may have caused this problem.
Should I unistall the updates? (updates pertained to chrome, sevrperal radio apps. two pocast apps, screen dimmer. volume booster, dolphin browser, naked browser, music instrument apps, and all thr builtin spps that come with kitkat).

Don't know -- ask your mifi friend
Walmart employee shed light on this matter causing me to notice that the mifi stays mostly on 3g, but whenever it is on 4g, yahoo email and google playstore load. On 3g, no loading.

Regardless of the speed, yahoo finance leaves off all tabs from a stock summary page other than news and key statistics. Is anyone else able to see these tabs from the mobile site? Makes no difference if I use WiFi or MiFi.

Walmart employee shed light on this matter causing me to notice that the mifi stays mostly on 3g, but whenever it is on 4g, yahoo email and google playstore load. On 3g, no loading.
Looks like your device is not backward compatible
Regardless of the speed, yahoo finance leaves off all tabs from a stock summary page other than news and key statistics. Is anyone else able to see these tabs from the mobile site? Makes no difference if I use WiFi or MiFi.
give me the precise URL; this one https://finance.yahoo.com/ has not tabs on any devices

Back