something is wrong?!?!! please help new at this

By tamadabee128
Jul 12, 2007
  1. hey guys im new here,

I am currently in taiwan so i can't get this fixed somewhere reliable...i have a dell inspiron 6400/E1505 and just recently my computer went BSOD and after a while the lcd would not even bother turning on anymore at all...all the lights light up green up top and only the #9 lock stays lit, the HD light blinks a couple times and then stops, so it is probably not my lcd(just recently replaced...Im guessing it is my video card, what are some signs of a dead video card? and has anyone came across this problem before?

thanks a lot guys
  2. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 710

3. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

I thought you posted earlier about this? Does Dell not provide hardware support in Taiwan? Did you at least call their hardware support call centre?
  4. tamadabee128

tamadabee128 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i did call and was on the phone with them for a while, they sent me a form and they quoted me for wrong parts (14.1'' lcs) and service and it all came out to be $12,500NT, about $400's is too hard since i do not have a mailing address here and everything. I think ill just wait until i get back to the states...thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.