TechSpot

Sony hackers demand the studio not show the "terrorist film"

By Shawn Knight
Dec 9, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The hackers responsible for crippling Sony's computer systems a couple of weeks ago have a new message for their ailing victim. In a notice posted to Github, the group that calls itself the Guardians of the Peace (GOP) demands Sony immediately...

Read more

2. I believe you mean DMCA not DMAC :)

3. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,181   +528

Of course North Korea is going to deny it.

Honestly, the movie doesn't sound that good anyways.

4. Mieksr

Mieksr TS Enthusiast Posts: 38   +7

This movie is going to be awesome. The Seth and James Comedy Combo can't miss!

5. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Where was all this crap when Team America came around? Apparently his late father can take a joke more than Kim-Jong Un.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  6. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

It doesn't matter if the movie is good/bad, likable or not. It's a "movie" and it's fictitious, it can do many things emotionally but that doesn't mean it would actually change anything in real life.

7. loading

loading TS Enthusiast Posts: 66   +13

I'll probably go see it. Pineapple Express was pretty good and those two made a great combination.

In fact, I'll definitely go see it just to stick it to the assclowns that do this sort of crap.

SantistaUSA likes this.
  8. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie TS Booster Posts: 62   +29

The irony is North Korea has now made this movie far more popular than it ever would have been and a lot more people are going to go see it now.

9. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

This is movie publicity at it's finest! Before, I couldn't care less about the film. Now I'm genuinely curious about it and want to take a look. Thanks GOP for sparking interest in the film that others might have already ignored.

10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

I don't think a studio would intentionally leak 5 of their own movies just to create a little more buzz for 1 movie. If they are though, kudos to them for the commitment & follow through.

11. Terrorism - Using violence and intimidation to achieve one's aims. Who's being the terrorist now?

SantistaUSA likes this.
  12. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,181   +528

Another possible theory, Sony probably setup the hack to get publicity.

FYI: My wife loves Pinkie Pie

13. SuperVeloce

SuperVeloce TS Booster Posts: 133   +34

yeah! NK officials probably forgot to google "streisand effect" for their homework.