Sony Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeX45

I have a sony laptop s430, I replaced the hard drive in an older sony and every thing worked fine. After installing a hard drive in this one the screen does not come on. I don't hear any post beeps and am afraind I fried the mobo. My question is does sony place switches to prevent people rom opening up there lap tops if not how do I test the mother board.

Which version of Windows is on the laptop?

What size and type of hard drive is it - IDE or SATA?

It's very unlikely that you fried the motherboard by changing the hard drive, it's more likely that the drive wasn't installed properly.

Does the battery have to be installed to use it from the mains, or can if work without the battery?

Have you tried to connect it to an external monitor?

Have you tried to replace the original drive?

Sorry about that but Windows XP is the operating system, 60 gig hard drive IDE, I have tried with the battery and without. Also I have tried to an external monitor. I can here the hard drive turn on and the hd light come on but nothing.

The original drive was dead in the first place. I tested the snot out of it. I also check out the new one and it worked fine on another computer. Thats why I think I fried the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back