Sony Vaio Blue Sreen

By blueyedvixen
Dec 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Used laptop that I received for christmas yesterday has now shut down three times with blue screen. After the first time, I installed Avast! and it found two malware files and two corrupted files in the boot scan. It has shut down twice since then, once in the middle of the scan. I am not sure what you will need to know, but here is what the error found message reads:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: FFFFDA800729B4B0
    BCP2: 0000000000000001
    BCP3: FFFFF80006C6E9EF
    BCP4: 0000000000000007
    OS Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

If anyone can help, I would be beyond grateful. The laptop is amazing and runs so smoothly, blue screen aside. I would hate for my christmas present to be a dud. :(
  2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

was it new or used? If new, I would take it back for a new one.
  3. blueyedvixen

blueyedvixen TS Rookie Topic Starter

It was used. And was given as a gift. If I cant fix it, then I will have to find a disc to reformat it and hope that fixes the issue.
  4. cheeryabc

cheeryabc TS Member Posts: 26

5. blueyedvixen

Cheery, I would be happy to oblige. However, the link you gave me tells me how to upload a file, simple enough; it says nothing of where I could find the file you are requesting.

I do apologize, I am not totally computer literate.
  6. cheeryabc

cheeryabc TS Member Posts: 26

"Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini122611-02.dmp"
    Reading from this message, I thought there should be a mini dump file in your disk.
    If nothing there, I really have no idea about this issue.
  7. blueyedvixen

Oh!! Im sorry, I thought I needed to do something special because I cant view that file on my computer. I did try to upload it, but it exceeds the limits.