TechSpot

Sony Vaio Charger light blinking, won't turn on

By Ted M
Apr 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone, I need your help urgently!

I have sony Vaio laptop which has been working well. Recently its charger had a minor explosion and broke (it happened when I plug it in to the outlet as usual). So I replaced it with a new one. However, the light on the new charger was blinking whenever I plug it into the laptop and turned solid again when I unplug it.

Could you please help me fix this? All my assignments and works are in this laptop and I need it very soon.

Thank you

Ps. I have tried removing the battery and it still doesn't work. Also I won't be able to try another charger.
  2. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Maniac Posts: 631   +14

I'm sorry to say but sounds to me like something got fried and that it might never start again. Even tho I can't say for sure without seeing the machine. Anyways, I would recommend to wait and see if some one else would have something smart to come up with on what and how to do.
  3. Benmar

Benmar TS Rookie Posts: 53

If the New charger is under warranty you try to replace it to the manufacturer..
    learninmypc likes this.
  4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,219   +231

As Benmar says, take it/send it back t the place you got it from. It should be under warranty & replaced/repaired free of charge.
  5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,199   +516

Does the laptop get power and just not charge the battery with the charger?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.