TechSpot

Sony Vaio keeps crashing

By Adrian707
Aug 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys, I am in a real spot of bother here and would really appreciate some help.

I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF that I bought in December 2009 (Windows 7). I never had any problems, but over the last 6 weeks it crashes, just randomly about 20 times a day. I have had to write this question out three times due to the crash. Everything freezes up, so I have to switch off with the power button every time. It is extremely frustrating as I am in my final year in college and have assignments and I cannot get any work done!

I tried restoring the laptop, didn't work. I dont have a restore point to before the crashes started happening. A tech guy said it could be the drivers? Something to do with Sony updates overrulling the microsoft updates causing damage? But how do I delete and install all microsoft drivers?

After the last crash I checked the event viewer, this was the only crash in the last 24 hours;

Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {56F9312C-C989-4E04-8C23-299DEE3A36F5})(Error code = 0x80042019)

If you need more info Id be glad to update. Thank you very much guys :)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +157

The tech guy needs to reload Windows 7 for you. A fresh install of the OS would be the best thing to do at this point

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.