Sony Vaio VGC-M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

Does anyone have any experience of the above computer?
I have one that won't boot into windows, I have gone through the recovery process and gets part way into booting into windows and then reboots itself. I have tried reloading Windows Xp on its own and again it reboots at the same spot.
I have fitted some new memory but this made no difference, this model seems to be a bit of a hybrid as it uses some laptop parts and some desktop parts. I suspect repairing it will be expensive, does anyone have any suggestions?

Tye memory is normal PC3200 DDR RAM which I know to be good, the original memory I had already removed, no other memory is installed.

Update:
I tried the memory in another computer and tested it and it seems to be fine, put it back in the Sony and it wouldn't boot into the BIOS. Moved the memory into the other slot and it almost booted into windows......it got to the last page of installation where it says "Congratulations" and then the machine froze and upon reboot it again would not boot into the BIOS. Again I reseated the memory and this time it booted up but started the original problem ie. rebooting during start up.
Any further suggestions?

Make sure the ram sockets are free of any dust and that the ram edge connector is clean.

reset the cmos jumper to default
some times new memory in MB the bios does not see
i have a dual memory that is clockable and when I play with the timing I can't get a bios screen I do a cmos reset and I'm back up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back