Sony VAIO Video Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sony VAIO I'm working on. Audibly, it appears to be booting up, the appropriate lights flash, etc. However, there is no display. The LCD doesn't even flicker. I hooked up an external monitor, in the event it was simply LCD failure. However, this also shows no display. The monitor does indicate that it knows there is a computer on the other end. It seems to think the computer is putting it in sleep mode and stays amber. There is a clicking noise from the laptop, the CPU fan is spinning and the hard disk also seems to be spinning. But the 'thinking' lights go out, only the battery charging light stays lit.

Thoughts? I haven't opened it up yet, so I don't know if the graphics are on a card or onboard.

Is it still under warranty, if it is I would advise you to get it replaced, because if you open it, it will void the warranty.

Warranty

Warranty is expired to my knowledge, it's a used laptop I'm working on for a client. Otherwise, of course I would send it in for warranty repair.

You could try removing any additional hardware (upgrades), like memory. Or you could try resetting the bios although I'm not sure how you do that on a Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back