Sorta new pc with no mobo disc need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppsssooo

ok i have my own built pc cuz i know this one is crap but my father in laws pc is messn around the only thing i can do is intsall windows xp sp1 and its 2 so it will not let me install so i would have to do it from boot up so i have to delete everything on HDD but there is no mobo disc he bougth the pc from a college its fairly nice just had a lot of spy/vir/ etc took most out anyhow it didn come with the mobo disk and if i delete everything to install windows im gona have a lot of probs meaning no drivers for anything usb video lan etc everything basically will go crap slow its a p4 2.26 compaq <---- like i said its crap ikno im not including alot of info so if need ask what specifically o and what should i do

If you can find out a motherboard model number you can get the drivers from the mobo mfg's site, or if you know the compaq model number, then you can likely get drivers from compaq, since compaq likely has a driver download section on their site for it. Also, you'll have to find out the make/model of other hardware, like modems, nic's, graphics cards, etc. You can get drivers for those devices from their manufacturers site, if the mfg is retutable anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back