Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?)

Aurora-Storm

I am so close to having my new audio system established. On the headphone side, all I need to do is place my order. However, I've run into a bit of a snag considering the sound card.

I was originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones. Exact card here, the one with the external microphone since I'll need it. Unfortunately, this sound card specifies Windows 7 and 8 as supported operating systems. I asked if it would still work for Vista, but the other forum (headphone forum) seemed to think that it wouldn't, unfortunately. I'm not looking to upgrade my OS. As horrible and clunky as it is, I've made it work for me.

IF it would work with Vista, than just let me know and read no further. If not, I'd love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card.

I'm looking for the best sound card possible, given my physical and operational specs. I have PCI-E slots 1x and 4x free, and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 32x. The card will support both gaming and music, though I'm more concerned with gaming than music at this point. I'm not looking to drop a bundle (the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side) but as high as 70 or 80 is acceptable. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm raring to place my orders, haha.

Back