TechSpot

sound card works with computer speakers, but not a reciever?!?

By aim9510
Aug 27, 2005
  1. I bought a Philips Ultimate Edge 5.1 sound card a while ago to take advantage of my 5.1 100 watt computer speakers, and it worked great... now i sold my speakers and bought an Onkyo HTS580 (it's a receiver and speaker set that people use for home theaters), and i bought digital coaxial audio cable to connect the S/pdif output on the card to the Digital Coaxial input on the reciever... i made sure to enable the s/pdif output on the sound card, yet i'm not getting any sound out of my speakers.

i thought i read somewhere that the Philips Ultimate Edge sound card is missing some kind of "patch cable for the s/pdif" or something like that, so i want to know if there is anyting that i need to buy to make sure that the S/pdif out on the sound card works, or if i need to buy another sound card or what... I NEED HELP/IDEAS, PLEASE!!!

thanks,
    Mauricio Araya

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.