Sound doesnt work...can somebody please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez24

I accidently removed AC'97 Audio something like this and it screwed up my sound
i cant hear anything
then when i restarted my computer it said new updates blah blah for multimedia audio controller so when i tried to reinstall it...it said

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
and it coundnt find the necessary software

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Give us the brand and model of computer, and sound card.
Usually all you have to do is download and reinstall the drivers using the Device Manager.

Look for a model number on your PC. The manufacturer of your PC is Compaq, and thus its a Compaq *insert model here*.

The Compaq brand is supported by HP.com. Go to that site for support and they offer to identify your computer by installing a program on your computer. Check them for updated drivers.

During initial set up for the Compaq, there was an oportunity to create a System Recovery CD (most computers came with a burner). This CD offers the option to recover drivers (as it came out-of-the-box). If not exercised before, the oportunity is still there. It is probably reachable from the customized 'help & support' from the start menu.

The choices offered by the System Recovery CD are confusing. Be careful if you go this route.

Zenosincks said:
Look for a model number on your PC. The manufacturer of your PC is Compaq, and thus its a Compaq *insert model here*.

i dont see anything but compaq presario, the product key,some other #'s and it says microsoft kinda small

rf6647 said:
The Compaq brand is supported by HP.com. Go to that site for support and they offer to identify your computer by installing a program on your computer. Check them for updated drivers.

During initial set up for the Compaq, there was an oportunity to create a System Recovery CD (most computers came with a burner). This CD offers the option to recover drivers (as it came out-of-the-box). If not exercised before, the oportunity is still there. It is probably reachable from the customized 'help & support' from the start menu.

The choices offered by the System Recovery CD are confusing. Be careful if you go this route.

i went to hp.com and downloaded the Raltek AC'97 audio program
i went to add/remove programs and it was there it looked like the one i removed on accident

THANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOU

YESS FINALLY THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH THE HP.COM/etc. WORKED
I GOT IT WORKING IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!
THX SO MUCH RF6647

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back