Sound issues when playing DVD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmayo

Hi, when i play DVD's on my pc the video is fine but the audio stutters really bad and i am not sure why but my guess that its a driver issue...i got a 6 channel soundcard with the latest drivers C-Media Wave..So I uninstalled the soundcard and went to my bios and turned my onboard audio on and played a dvd with my onboard it worked fine..but i need my soundcard because i can only use 2/5 speakers without it..

Uninstall the card/drivers in safe mode and restart the computer and reinstall everything. Also check that the audio cable to the motherboard is connected properly and not frayed or does not have a cracked/bent pin.

There's no need to install the latest drivers, since they sometimes cause problems. Just install the ones that came on CD with ur sound card after u uninstall it and they should be fine. Or use the roll-back drivers option by going into Control Panel->System->Hardware Tab->Device Manager->Sound video & game controllers option(double-click)->C-Media Wave or whatever the exact name of ur sound card is(double-click)->Driver Tab
if u have updated the drivers from the old version.

Okay..I have tried all that and still I am having the same problem...I don't know why because it plays everything else good and clear...I have also tried Power DVD and Windows Media Player, they both do the same thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back