Sound issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an SB Live! sound card. I have no sound coming from my computer. I've tryed everything I can think of, updated drivers, trying another soundcard, another pci slot.

When I go into my device manager, it recognizes all the sound drivers. I've started up in safemode, and deleted all the drivers, and started over again. I've also tryed getting sound from my onboard sound card, and still no luck

If anyone has anything I can try, it would by much appreciated.

Thanks

That's not much info there but try these 2 thangs:

1. double click on the volume control and make sure everything is turned on and turned up.

2. Make sure youyr speakers are connected correctly and the power is turned on. Do the good ol finger test on the input cord.

I had the same problem when i tried out my sound card for the first time...it turned out i plugged the speakers into the sound card in the wrong order! There is probably nothing wrong with your sound card, its probably some simple mistake u made plugging the speakers in. Either that or you have the master sound on the sound card settings turned off.

I figured out the problem.

When I formatted and reinstalled windows last week, I never put in an account name at the end of the setup, and it was defaulting to the administrator account all this time. When I realized this and created a new account, the sound worked perfectly.

Thanks for the replies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back