Sound plays too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

Hi there. I recently purchased a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M notebook, Intel Centrino 1.6ghz, 60gb HDD, VIA Vinyl AC'97 sound device with XP Home. When I tried playing mp3 music files they appeared to play a bit faster than usual. Thereafter i tried playing wav files and it sounds extremely fast like "The Chipmunks" Tried re-installing drivers, didn't fix the problem. I then Re-installed XP Pro, still didn't fix the problem. What should I do?

I fixed a prob like this before. I had to disable the onboard sound and install a sound card, and it worked fine. So it probably is something to do with your onboard sound, but you are using a laptop, so doing this isn't as feasible compared to a PC. So, all I can say besides that is check your settings, make sure no weird options are selected that could cause this to happen if any. 2ND, does this happen in all media players, or just one? If not sure, try playing music in different media players besides Windows Media such as winamp (www.winamp.com)

Hey there

Thanx for the reply. I have checked and re-checked all the settings and everything seems to be fine. Not only does it happen in Windows Media Player but every other player I have as well. Certain video types are a problem as well. AVI videos seem to play fine and playing music directly from a CD or even playing DVD's works perfectly. I dont know what the problem could be. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back