Sound prblems after upgarding to Windws 2000 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I recently upgraded from win98se to win2000 pro. I have a onboard SoundMax soundcard. I am having prblems with my sound. When I start up I am able to play any sound for about 1 minute than the sound just stops playing. It will only play again after I re-start and than again only for a shot while before it stops.

I have asked so many people for a solution but with no luck. I even installed a spare HDD and formatted it and instaled win2000 pro hoping that this will work as someone told me it may be that I still have somestuff from my win98se running as I did not do a clean instal of win2000 pro when I upgarded.

I even tried so many different drivers with no luck. Windows shows my sound card as a AC97 soundcard.

Can anyone help with this strange problem. As a last resort I was thing of going back to win98se as I had no sound problems with win98se.

Many thanks

Hoosein

Did you try downloading the latest drivers from your manufacturer?

Soundmax is made by Intel I think. AC97 may closely resemble it enough that Windows 2000 is using the wrong driver.

Sounds like a wrong driver to me, that should always be the first thing to consider when hardware doesn't work under a new environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back