TechSpot

Sound Problems with BF1942

By acidosmosis
Mar 7, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been having this problem for a while now in Battlefield 1942. I get some static sometimes, and then all of the sudden the sound just stops and I get a loud shreaking sound which doesn't go away until I close BF1942. I'm using a Hurricane Extreme soundcard (at least until I buy a newer card).
  2. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

There is a new patch just out, v1.31, that among other things has some sound improvements and fixes. If you don't have it yet, maybe it will help.
  3. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,574

Hmm.. now I just need to wait for my BF1942 cd to get back from EA. I cracked it, lol, had to get a replacement.
  4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

I guess it should go without asking, but do you have the latest sound card drivers installed?
  5. acidosmosis

6. Svoboda

Svoboda TS Rookie Posts: 92

I had some of these problems too, but its been so long since i have played that game. I believe many people had those problems. First i would try going to the battlefield 1942 homepage, and search their forums for the problem.

I believe it had something to do with a sound option you could turn on and off in game. However, i thought that these problems only related to Creative cards, so i'm not sure....
  7. acidosmosis

Well, it's not doing it anywhere.. although I do get a little bit of static when the intro screen comes up and sometimes when loud explosions happen still.. not enough to really bother me though.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.