SoundCard not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgear

On my laptop (IBM Thinkpad t21) last night while messing I went to play a video and what do you know I had no sound.
I thought I muted my synth on the card but it was saying the mixer or something wasn't installed but I have used the sound card before.
Is the BIOS on it going out of wack or is it a virus that AVG didn't catch.

Also can you install new cards on laptops like video and processors.
The reason I ask is because my video card is 8 mb and the processors is 667 megahertz.
The vid card is PCI.

Your video and sound are on-board PCI devices, not cards like desktop computers have at times. There's no room for PCI cards in most notebooks including yours. Your processor might be upgradeable, but it may not give you much, and it may be expensive. Go to IBM's support site and see if you can find a download for your audio driver, reinstall the sound driver... and save for a much better laptop

either your driver is corrupted, your volume or sound is turned down/off, or you physically have a broken speaker(s)

there are no sound cards on laptops expect in some rare cases.

Tedster said:
either your driver is corrupted, your volume or sound is turned down/off, or you physically have a broken speaker(s)

there are no sound cards on laptops expect in some rare cases.
The speakers worked fine before it was saying the thing.

well, mgear, i can only say that these are problems with sound codec, or digital amplifier, or sound chip(of course, it's actual if you have right drivers installed for your audio chip). check if you have sound out of line-out jack.

Yay, I found why it was messing up.
I went searching through system files and found the direct driver for the card and clicked the EXE of it,the complete card was un-powered.
Well it is fixed... For now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back