Soundcard problem from Recycled PC place

I've got a soundcard problem from a computer I bought from a recycled computer place.

It's using Windows 10. The build is 10.0.19043 Build 19034.

It says it has installed:

AMD High Definition Audio Device
High Definition Audio Device
teVirtualMIDI Virtual MIDI driver

I checked on all the drivers and they all say they are updated. I even deleted them and reinstalled them.

I used a program called Driverfix and it wants to install:

te_thinkpad11e-yoga11e_wb64_201602

The machine is an ACPI x64-based PC Desktop. Not sure why the software is recommending a thinkpad driver.

It's a Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 with 12 Gigs of Ram.

I've owned it for over a year and not had much luck with sound but I've used it for other things successfully.

Now I want to use it with sound.

When I run Troubleshooter for playing audio I notice there are about 10 devices, many doubles. I will disable all the digital and just go for the High Definition Audio Device with Speakers, but it says there is a problem playing sound file and there may not be one installed on the system.

I notice that under Playback tab there are only digital output, speakers, headphones, etc. no High Definition Audio Device. It only shows up under speakers.

Last edited:
It gets stranger. When I plug in to either of the front inputs neither one activates as headphones plugged in.

The driver area for High Definition Audio Device only shows the Driver Details enabled, all the choices for Update Driver, etc. are greyed. The Driver installed looks like all stock Microsoft drivers located in system32 directory.

I'm also having errors with “Add Legacy hardware”

"the installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance."

Back