SoundMax problem: Driver not found! reboot your system

Hello Everybody ,

I have problem when I wanna install driver sound the programme saying ' Driver not found ! reboot your system ' I reboot all the time but :( . Please Help me As soon

Computer : Hp compaq d530 CMT
System : Windows xp

Try downloading the driver from here. Once you reach that page, choose the option to download the "AC'97 Audio Codec". Download the latest version for Windows XP. If the install error still persists, and your sound is working, dont worry about it. If your sound isnt working, just report back here.

I took a look at the HP support page for Compaq d530 CMT HERE. I think it uses a Soundmax driver

@Elaarbi
Try downloading the latest Soundmax audio driver version from the HP support page link above. The OS selection should be for Windows 2000 (there's no XP option)

Help, please!

I have IBM Think center 50.. or whateever, with the same AC'79 audio.

I've tried all you said but still - "driver not found, reboot and...".

But! After installing Realtek AC'97 - there appears audio parts, that was before just like one "unknown" audio. But still there is no driver on "multimedia audio controller". I've tried an "driver update". It now, after installing Realtek codecs or whatever - found something, but in some time when installing wants "Realtek disc" or just some .sys file.

Back