SP2 troubles cd-drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure it's due to SP2, but I can't think of anything else that might have caused it...

After installing SP2, both cd-drives (an LG DVD-Rom and a Plextor Cd-rw) stopped working, they don't show up in the Explorer (or anything for that matter); the device manager recognises the drives, and claims a 'Code 19' (something about the registry being ****ed up) and recommends deleting the drives and reinstalling them. This doesn't work, and Windows doesn't offer any additional information...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

First of all let me welcome you to techspot. As to your problem have you tried to uninstall sp2 as I`m pretty sure that`s what has caused the problem in the first place. Please may I draw your attention to the swearword used in your post Techspot is a very friendly place and posts are quite often viewed by children. I would therefore request that in future no such words are used. Regards Howard:grinthumb

Thanks for the welcome and I'll do my best not to use swearwords again! It slipped past me =)

young&wild, that's what I've been trying, but it doesn't work...

If you can I really would suggest you uninstall sp2. Lots of people have found that installing sp2 can cause problems. When I installed sp2 it completely crashed my system I ended up having to do a reformat and reinstall of sp1. Having said that other people have installed sp2 with no problems at all I think it just depends on the individual system. Personaly I wouldn`t touch sp2 with a barge pole but that`s just me. Regards Howard:grinthumb

Another way might be to do a system restore to before you installed sp2. Regards howard
clap2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back