TechSpot

space invaders

By David Hare
Dec 6, 2006
  1. Hi Can any one help me I am usless with computers and should not be allowed to own one.
    I have a memion 9600 tx vidio card When I start my computer it has all sorts off dashes and funny writing on the screen and is alittle unstable. But once it has started every thing is ok.
    Answears in very plain easy to follow steps please. David

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Sounds like it has overheated!!!!

You need to whip the side of your case off and give it a good dust out and make sure all fans are spinning at good speeds!!!!

3. David Hare

David Hare TS Rookie Topic Starter

I dont think it has over heated fans ok.I only get the strange letters on start up

4. Rik

I have fixed many a pc and seen that problem and it has always been caused by prolonged heat exposure!!!!

I suspect it probably has some damaged components on it and will eventually die on you!!!!

5. David Hare

heat problem

Hi thanks for your prompt reply will this heat problem be on the vidio card or on somthing else Many thanks David

6. Rik

A new graphics card should rectify your problem!!!!

Remember to remove the driver and all software for your old card before fitting your new one should you decide to replace it!!!!

7. David Hare

Thanks

New card solved problem Many Thanks David

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.