By uncleel
Mar 19, 2002
  1. Lawyers sue spammer
    Email marketeers pick wrong target
    By John Geralds in Silicon Valley [18-03-2002]
    http://www.vnunet.com/News/1130171

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

$25,000 per day, that is going to end up being a huge amount then, because I am sure that this has been going on for quite some time now. I wish I could do something like this for all the spam mail I get.

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I think they should ALL be sued.

I think that spam, as well as those annoying telemarketting calls, should be declared illegal.

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,577   +269

So we can check up on the latest about Mr. Shifman ;)

5. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 980

Win some & Lose some

Court Victory for Unsolicited Fax Advertising
    http://www.dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artprevbot.cgi?article_id=19866
    DMNews 4/1/02 Scott Hovanyetz
    Somehow I fail to see where First Amendment allows spam.

6. uncleel

Years ago I started recieving a daily unsolicited fax business "newsletter" & despite all my phone calls explaining that this was a private residence, they continued.
    Desperate, I made up a 3' fax paper loop, all BLACK w/ one lil' skull & crossbones in the center w/ text. My note said, "Out of toner yet?" "I'll keep this up until you remove me from your fax list per my telephone request." "This is a residence not a business, Thank You."

I continually sent it for about an hour in the early hours one morning. Magically, they stopped sending the newsletter. Guess toner cartridges were getting expensive. ;)

7. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 709

Very nice indeed uncleel, bravo!!! I might have to try that one day myself! ;)

8. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

Finally, someone is getting hit on this..I am so sick of changing Hotmail accounts every six months because of all the spam mail stinking up my account.

9. SuperCheetah

For some reason I don't really get too much spam in my hotmail account. I've had it for over 2 years now, and only every now and then do I get a spam. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones...

10. uncleel

once you buy online, it begins.

11. SuperCheetah

I bought my entire first home built PC online and still no mail...

12. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

Well, some people get the mail, some dont. I have been buying stuff online almost every other week for the past 6 years. I constantly spend online. Just wait. As you buy more you'll see more. Places like Newegg.com, Mwave.com and other small computer companies probably wont spam you or sell your info to spammers.

Now that I think of it, my hotmail address is also my ebay email address. I bet 80% of the spam comes from other Ebay users.

13. uncleel

Govenor Taft (Ohio) signs law punishing ‘spammers’
    http://www.internetnews.com/IAR/article.php/1439061
    ASSOCIATED PRESS 8/2/02 | AP/Columbus

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.