Speaker V/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an eMachine which has been moved around quite bit so the AC adapter for the SP-30A speakers may have been mixed up. The one that is left over is a 5.0 V, 2.0 A unit, but the plug does not seem to fit in the power jack on the speaker. I have other AC adapters but am reluctant to try them because I don't know what the voltage should be. Any suggestions?

See if you can read the output voltage rating the is printed on the Speaker AC adapters. If they match and the plug fits, you may be able to use the second adapter. This type of external speakers are inexpensive and you can easily replace the sound system if you have to

See if you can read the output voltage rating the is printed on the Speaker AC adapters. If they match and the plug fits, you may be able to use the second adapter. This type of external speakers are inexpensive and you can easily replace the sound system if you have to

That's the problem. I don't know what the voltage/amperage should be. There is nothing on the speakers themselves and the AC adapter I have is, I suspect, a maverick. I dislike throwing anything away so I'm hoping to match up one of the many AC adapters I have with these speakers. They are eMachine units with a Model No. SP-30A so I would think someone, somewhere, would know their rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back