TechSpot

Speakers still work with front panel

By Karie
Apr 22, 2006
  1. Hello,
    I've connected the front audio panel output for my headphones. I know that when doing so the rear speakers should be disabled automatically but in my case they still work. I hear the sound in both the front headphones and the back speakers in the same time. How can I fix the problem so when I plug the headphones in the sound of the speakers is disabled and only is activated after I unplug them?
    And also there is an annoying noise from the earphones when I plug them in even when not playing sound. (They're perfectly fine on stereo-systems so It's not a problem of the earphones but rather of the front audio connectors).

* I have an Asus motherboard and I've configured AC'97 pin definition according to my manual.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

2. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Well a temp fix is to plug headphones in the back.
    There may be a jumper on the Mobo, look in the manual for this.
    What model asus?

3. Karie

Karie TS Rookie Topic Starter

My Asus model

is A8N-VM.
    I guess I'll just have to mute the speakers in the sound mixer while using the headphones. And regarding the noise, it disappeared after restart.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Maybe you need to set speakers to "headphones" in Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - Speaker settings - Advanced.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.