Speed/Ping question

Ok, so I have a home internet connection (low speed fiber) and my work internet connection (a 4G hotspot I take everywhere with me). My question is which one is better for gaming? I get a better ping on my home internet connection but a higher download/upload speed on my work internet connection. Not including downloading, just gaming, which one would you recommend for it?

Home internet : 37ms ping - 10.17mbps down - 3.17mbps up
Work internet : 72ms ping - 15.42mbps down - 9.82mbps up

Results from speedtest.net on a server 350 miles away from me. This location hosts a bunch of games, Unreal Tournament (Alpha) to be more specific is where many of the games I join now are hosted.

Any feedback is appreciated! I can't tell if the nice boost in ping from the home internet would outweigh the small increase in DL/UL speed from the work mifi. Thank you!

So my best suggestion would to stick with your Home Internet Connection instead of your Work Internet.
The most important internet variable for online gaming is your ping rate (I.e: latency). This is how fast information is sent from your computer to the game servers and back again. The lower the number, the better. A good ping rate to aim for would be less than 30 m/s. However, anything under 100 m/s should work.
Yes the boost in upload speed is nice to have. But when it almost doubles your latency, then it becomes an issue.

Back