TechSpot

SpeedFan temp HELP

By akaivan
Mar 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys i was wondering under readings in speed fan what are the 3 tmeperures posted? and what should the temeperature be

mine is
    temp 1 38c
    temp 2 35c
    temp 3 42c

Can anyone tell me what these temperatures are from, im mostly curius of temp 3 beacuase when i play games it goes high?!? Please help!
  2. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

I'm sure temp3 is CPU, temp2 is case. Temp1 is likely a hard drive.
  3. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

o ok, then its my cpu thats over heeting and causing my pc games to freeze :mad: what can i do? get new thermal paste?
  4. gilloz

gilloz TS Rookie Posts: 95

speedfan

I think that the temperature designations depends on which sensors on the motherboard Speedfan is picking up. They may vary from one motherboard to another. When you configured your motherboard for SpeedFan, did you get a special code number from the author for your particular motherboard? Inotherwords, did you go through the whole process of registering your motherboard to get Speedfan configured for your particular sensors? I couldln't make heads or tails of mine until I went through this process. Just wanted to share my experience in using Speed Fan.
  5. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

The temps you show are good. They would need to be alot higher to crash you system.
  6. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

i know currently there good but when i play games it goes HIGH like 75c for last temp3
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.